How did this pageant journey start?



How did this pageant journey start?

Welcome back to my 2nd post! Thank you for coming back and wanting to read more about my pageant journey! I will post every Wednesday, since its humppp day! 

Many people are wondering how did I get selected for Miss PA USA? Honestly, I do not know lol. 🤣 Everything happened in the spur of the moment. This is my first time competing in a pageant of such magnitude. I will tell you how I got to this point in my life.

It all started a couple months ago, when I watched Miss USA 2017 on TV. I try to watch Miss USA every year! This year when I watched Miss USA something sparked inside of me. As Miss DC took the Miss USA crown, I felt inspired. Miss DC won Miss USA two years in a row.. Being a native of Washington DC,  this made me feel very proud. I was inspired to see a woman of color in STEM take the crown. It is a nice reminder that pageant winners are not just beautiful, but also intelligent. Since I am a Latina woman in STEM, it is nice to see that a woman can have it all, beauty and brains!     

After feeling inspired, I thought to myself "I wonder what it takes to compete in a pageant and what are the requirements?" So I did my research on Miss PA USA pageant, and I thought I was going to find height and weight requirements, but to my surprise there were no such thing at all. 

So I thought to myself, why not apply? YOLO, 😅 (I am a very spontaneous and adventurous person.) When I applied, I honestly did not think I was going to make it far with my application because why would they want someone who has no pageant experience to compete? 🤔 A couple days later, to my surprise, I received an email from Miss PA USA with follow up questions. After multiple rounds of emails, I couldn't believe what I was reading, my next email said "Congratulations, you have been accepted to compete in Miss PA USA 2017!" 😊 When I read that sentence, I really thought it was a prank lol. How did I get accepted to compete? All I knew was that this was a great opportunity and that I could not miss out on it. 



After I received the congratulations, I thought long and hard if this is something I wanted to pursue. Trust me, I had a lot of doubts stirring in my head (which I will talk about more in another blog). But after a long time of going back and forth in my mind, I decided to accept to compete in Miss PA USA.!  I wanted to "Stop saying I wish, and start saying I will." Now, I am preparing myself for the pageant in December in Pittsburgh! The way I started my journey pageant is different from others, but I think that is what makes it interesting.Even though, this is a new experience for me, I am super excited about it! We will see where it will take me!

Next week: Read about what is motivating me on my pageant journey.......



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Newfound Bridge of Motivation

Vulnerability is Dope!...... said by Jiggy Yoon

It is just the beginning.....!