Vulnerability is Dope!...... said by Jiggy Yoon



Thank you for joining me again for another blog. Sorry for the delay in posting this one. I appreciate every viewer who looks forward to my weekly blogs. πŸ˜€I wouldn’t be telling my story if it weren’t for all of you. You all push me to expand my horizons and write my story. (I know I am not the best writer, but I am trying lol)πŸ˜ƒ

This blog is going to be a little different compared to some of the others I have written in the past. I want to give a shout out to one of my good friends Jiggy Yoon.  As a motivational speaker, she encourages people to be vulnerable. Her most powerful message is “Vulnerability is Dope.” πŸ‘
When I first heard Jiggy’s message “Vulnerability is Dope,” it made me realize that as a society we need to embrace vulnerability more. People view vulnerability as a weakness, when in reality, it is a strength. Sometimes it is hard to allow ourselves to be vulnerable.

"Vulnerability is Dope" shirt from Jiggy Yoon.

As I embark on this journey for the crown, there are times that I feel vulnerable about my ability to win. Sometimes I think to myself, do I have even have a chance? According to America, I am oversize for my height. Entering a pageant, where majority of the women are perfect weights and sizes makes me nervous, scared and unconfident. This is me embracing my vulnerability. Vulnerability is a part of human nature, it is okay to feel vulnerable.πŸ‘ But we must not let it overcome us, we must learn to accept our vulnerability and build from it. By competing in this pageant, I am building from my vulnerability to prove that I am more than what is on the outside.

“What makes you vulnerable, makes you beautiful,” and I couldn’t agree more. πŸ˜‰Vulnerability brings people together through personal connection. I know we all have struggle with body image or body’s insecurities, but we don’t have to do it alone. There were times where friends and family members would call me fat and that would affect me. Now, I have learned to accept and love my body for what it is. I learned to achieve a healthier me than a skinnier me.πŸ’“

 Competing in this pageant makes me feel vulnerable, but I push through the feelings. I may be overweight according to America, but I can’t control the curves that I was born into lol. Vulnerability makes us stronger and once we embrace, we can work together to overcome it. Remember “Vulnerability is Dope.” Don’t be afraid to share your vulnerability because you never know who may have the same one and through that you build a connection, a friend and a support system.πŸ˜πŸ’“πŸ’›πŸ’™πŸ’š



P.S.: The shirt I am wearing is from my friend Jiggy Yoon. If you are interested in learning more about her message “Vulnerability is Dope” or just need some inspiration in your life, go listen to her stuff! You will feel inspired.
                Website: www.JiggyYoon.com
                Facebook: www.Facebook.com/JiggyYoonOfficial
                Instagram: @Jiggy_Yoon
                Youtube: Jiggy Yoon

                Email: GetJignited@gmail.com 

Comments

  1. I really love this post Bertha!! So inspiring and relatable! Keep up the good work creating inspiring content - Stacy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you LS! I appreciate it, thank you for supporting me and reading my post!

      Delete
  2. You're so amazing, Bee! This is such a beautiful blog post; it is very inspirational and very raw! I love it :) keep going sis! -APM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you APM! You are too sweet! Thank you for reading my post! I hope I can continue to write more inspirational blogs.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Newfound Bridge of Motivation

It is just the beginning.....!